Restore Original Brake Performance
When it comes to safety and peace of mind, the last thing you need to worry about is stopping power. Maintaining your brakes and brake hardware not only ensures your safety, but also helps you extend the life of your vehicle and avoid future, costly issues.
Common Signs that your Brakes need Replaced
- Noise - Modern brake pads have a metal indicator that emits a high-pitched squeal when it's time to replace your brakes. If you hear a grinding noise it means you have completely worn your brakes down and your backing plates are grinding against the rotors. Be sure to get your brakes replaced immediately if this happens or you'll have to replace your rotors in addition to your brake pads.
- Time - How many miles has it been since you last replaced your brake pads? Typically disk brake pads will last between 30,000 and 70,000 miles depending on many factors such as driving conditions and brake maintenance.
- Drifting - While braking, if your vehicle feels like it wants to drift or pull to the left or right it could be a seized caliper or uneven wear against your brake pads. Have your braking system inspected if this happens.
- Vibrating - If you feel a shudder or vibration in the brake pedal while braking, your car could have warped rotors. Warped rotors are usually caused by excessive heat. Replacing the rotors or having them machined (if thick enough) could be necessary.
- Poor Performance - Brake pads can become 'crystalized' or hardened from excessive heat. When this happens the brake pads become ineffective and the distance it takes you to stop is dramatically increased.
Depending on the symptoms it could mean a replacement of your brake pads or it could mean larger problem with your car. As with any trouble shooting you do we highly recommend seeking the assistance of certified mechanic.
Looking to buy brakes? Check out our selection of BrakeBest brake pads to see which is right for your vehicle.
Even wear between inners and outers. Smooth wear surfaces on the friction material.Signal:
Abnormal Disc Brake Wear
Drive With Confidence
BrakeBest and BrakeBest Select products, available exclusively at O'Reilly Auto Parts, are manufactured to deliver superior stopping power and quiet, clean operation under all driving conditions.
No matter your driving conditions, BrakeBest has a product for superior safety and stopping power.
- BrakeBest Brake Pads provide consistent long-lasting performance for most cars, light trucks, and SUVs.
- BrakeBest Select Premium Brake Pads provide OE performance for all driving conditions.
- BrakeBest Select Ceramic Brake Pads deliver quieter performance and low dust in all driving conditions.