An AGM battery is a lead-acid electric storage battery that :
- is sealed using special pressure valves and should never be opened
- is completely maintenance-free
- has all of its electrolyte absorbed in separators consisting of a sponge-like mass of matted glass fibers
- uses a recombination reaction to prevent the escape of hydrogen and oxygen gases normally lost in a flooded lead-acid battery (particularly in deep cycle applications)
- is non-spillable and therefore, can be operated in virtually any position; however upside down installation is not recommended
Visit your local O'Reilly Auto Parts store and ask one of our specialists about the various kinds of batteries we offer and for your convenience you can purchase a battery online and pick it up at your local store.